Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So Many Apps, So Little Time

Dick Betts is a National Speaker specializing in Smartphone’s, Business Building Skills, Customer Relationship Management programs, Web Marketing, and Management Technology. I took a class from him while at the AE Institute and he frequently writes articles regarding the new technology available to REALTORS. Below is his latest article:

There’s an app for that! I am beginning to think I use those four words more then any other four words in my life. We are in the middle of an explosion of applications for Smartphones and no one person has the time to review them all. Take a few minutes and visit the iPhone or Droid apps store and you will be amazed at what’s out there to help with your business and life. Oh you need to go back tomorrow and look again iPhone is adding 559 apps a day not sure about the Droid and other platforms but I think it’s safe to say about a thousand per day.

Life has changed from how do I repeat an event on my Treo to I want to build a nuclear reactor is there an app for that? Folks the bar has been raised and we all have been a part of the change in the way we do business. I meet people when I am out speaking that I just stare in amazement at how much they are getting from their Smartphone.

With the changes and apps happening so fast we need a clearing house or a central point to wade through the apps and find what really helps us. I am not volunteering to look at each app but together we can find what apps are available to help us live our life and help us with our career.

Since 2008 I have hosted an online group dedicated to Smartphones which is free to join. I am proud to say I have some of the best people available who belong to the group and freely give their time and advice. Whether you want to join in and add your two cents or do like some and just read what others are saying join in!

I started a new thread in this group “Smartphone App Sharing” for agents to share what apps they are using and maybe ask for help finding an app. The more people participating the better for us all.

To view my outSmart Your Smartphone group, go to http://outSmartYourSmartphone.RealTown.com . Note that in order to participate in my outSmart Your Smartphone group, you must be a member of RealTown.com-- To Join (it’s free), go to http://www.RealTown.com/signup and complete the sign up form. If you are already a member, make sure you are logged in. Next, visit my group at http://outSmartYourSmartphone.RealTown.com and click the Join Group link just below the group description. Choose your subscription preferences and you are done. It’s that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment